Monday Dinner through Friday Breakfast
The Imago Christi Summer Gathering will be held at Mount Angel Abbey Retreat House this year, July 17-21, 2017.
Expect a unique experience, engaging discussions of the implications of the Daily Office to evangelical faith, in addition to participating in the community life of our evangelical order of spiritual formation ministry, including:
- Chanting the Divine Hours @ 5:20a, 6:30a, 11:55a, 5:15p & 7:25p
- Spiritual Exercises and Discussion
- Silent Hours and midday meals observed
- Retreat opportunities
- Community Sharing and Prayer (see Guide to Gatherings )
The cost for the Gathering is $500, including:
- Room and board for four nights, single occupancy (double occupancy saves each person about $70), but for retreat, privacy and rest times, we would encourage you to get a single room.
- Transportation only to & from Portland International airport (if needed),
- A portion of the conference room and incidental fees,
- A $50 Registration fee, which goes to the “Imago Christi travel and development fund”
- (Note: the $500 cost does NOT include your airfare to PDX, which you must arrange on your own.)
- Please arrive by 1pm PT, and send your flight itinerary, and room preference (single/double) to Ralph Dawson: email@example.com by July 10th.
Guest Registration Fees:
- You may pay the full amount upon Registration ($500), or pay only the $50 Registration fee (balance due by July 17th).
- Paid registrants will receive more information about the Daily Offices, the details of the Gathering and transportation links, about a month in advance of the Gathering.
Mount Angel Abbey is a Benedictine monastery and seminary is located about 45 min. south of Portland, Oregon. The Rule of Life that Benedict of Nursia wrote during the sixth century AD formulated ancient Christian practices into a system, which would influence the shape of Christian spirituality for centuries to come. The Rule of Benedict formed the basis of the spirituality experienced by nearly all of the Protestant Reformers, and has inspired and informed the prayer life and practices of Christian devotion ever since.
The monks of Mount Angel Abbey chant the Daily Office, also known as Divine Hours. We will be exploring this practice by joining in the Liturgy of the Hours, and shaping our Gathering around the “prayer and work” espoused in The Rule of Benedict. This is a link to a clear and succinct description of the Liturgy of the Hours as a means to practically learn how to "pray without ceasing" (1Thess 5:17). Our purpose is not to exalt this man, affirm his theology, participate in Mass, or promote monasticism, but to learn what we can from a glimpse into this form of a life dedicated to prayer -- as Benedict said, "Prefer nothing to the love of Christ."
More information available on our Imago Christi Gatherings page
Contact: Ralph Dawson: firstname.lastname@example.org